If you’ve visited www.dailytarheel.com in the past couple of days, you’ve probably noticed that we’ve redesigned our website.

First, I’d like to acknowledge the people who helped with this redesign — I wasn’t the beginning of this process, and I wasn’t the most important part of it by a long shot. Thank you to Erica Perel, our newsroom advisor, for making Google docs and plans and emailing endlessly with SNworks; thank you to Rebecca Dickenson and Betsy O’Donovan for contributing to said docs and offering real insight; to Tyler Fleming for genuinely caring about making this newsroom centered around our online operations; to our editors for looking at drafts of the site for mistakes (especially Becca Heilman, who saw that we had misspelled “editorial” in our motto five minutes after we launched). Thank you to the people at the State News for reading my numerous bug fix emails, and for making us a website I’m proud of. 

It’d be wrong not to thank our readers — you’re the reason we’re here, and the reason that this website redesign is possible. 

Part of my job is reading through our online comments across the website and social media platforms. I know that the old website looked like what it was: something that was built in 2012. And I know that our readers cared enough to call us out on that.

So call us out again. Help us make our new website better. My email is in this column, and our social media channels are open (@dailytarheel on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter). 

You can also just @ me directly, because I get way fewer notifications than the DTH accounts. I can’t wait to hear from you.

@notracheljones

online@dailytarheel.com