Friday, Sept. 20, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Celebrate 10 Years Of UNC Service-Learning Today in Polk Place

We are writing to invite you, UNC students, faculty and staff, to the 10th birthday celebration for the APPLES Service-Learning Program today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Polk Place. For 10 years, APPLES (Assisting People in Planning Learning Experiences in Service) has brought together students, faculty and community members through combining community service and academics. APPLES accomplishes this mission through service-learning courses, internships, Alternative Spring Break and a grant program, providing real-life learning experiences that make a difference in the community.

Today we celebrate the partnerships that UNC students, faculty, staff and community members have built through 10 years of working and learning together. As a result of the tremendous support from the University and community, APPLES has grown into a thriving program that allows students to take an active part in their education by bringing the community into the classroom. We extend our thanks to all of the individuals who have supported APPLES and invite you to join us in celebrating our first 10 years.

Please drop by Polk Place today and be a part of the celebration! If you have any questions about APPLES or the celebration, please contact us at 962-0902 or at apples@unc.edu.

Ann Quarles

President

APPLES

Andy Smith

Vice President

APPLES