Thursday, Sept. 19, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Senior Class Candidate Platforms-Ben Singer and Ursula Dimmling

Top 10 Most Popular Ideas:

10. Senior Hill. It is high time the seniors secured their own, new set of risers for basketball games.

9. Heels of Fame. This is going to be the Hollywood "Walk of Fame" of the East Coast. We want each senior class to have the opportunity to dedicate "heel" prints to noteworthy UNC graduates. Just imagine Michael Jordan and Stuart Scott returning home to Chapel Hill next year to set their prints along Franklin Street.

8. Senior to Senior. This is our opportunity to reach out to older adults, whether it is through taking them to buy groceries or raking the leaves outside their houses. These simple acts of kindness would be even more useful if we took them outside of Chapel Hill and into some of the less privileged areas of the Triangle.

7. Parking. Something must be done about reserving more parking spots for graduating seniors -- we deserve it! We are ready to apply that pressure. In the meantime, a senior of the week will be drawn at random and given a parking spot for that week right on campus!

6. The Senior Watch. This newsletter via e-mail will keep seniors up to date on safety issues as well as exciting opportunities around campus. Helpful reminders about issues from the new date-rape drug, GHB, to bracelet distribution days would be included.

5. University Career Services. Everyone has heard of it, but we want to make what it has to offer more accessible and its events more publicized. This involves pushing for more seminars, career fairs and job-placement counseling.

4. Campus Lighting. Certain areas (such as the Arboretum and East Franklin Street) have been in the dark too long! As seniors it is our responsibility to leave the campus a safer place for future classes.

3. Duke vs. UNC Senior Games. We should all get a chance to take on Duke before we graduate.

2. Nights Out. Food and drink specials at your favorite Franklin Street establishments.

1. Senior Textbook Discount. We have paid full price for three years already. We think we deserve a break.

You have also come up with some fabulous senior gift ideas. When elected, we will compile a list of these ideas and let you decide how the class of 2002 wants to be remembered. Some gift ideas include:

*