Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Volleyball Faces Conference Foes On Road

The Tar Heels (9-3, 2-0 in the ACC) face the Deacons (6-4, 1-1) in Winston-Salem on Friday at 7 p.m. and travel to Durham to square off with undefeated Duke (10-0, 2-0) Saturday at 7:30 p.m.

The contest against Duke will be a rematch of last year's ACC Championship game, which UNC won 3-1.

Duke enters the contest on a 10-match winning streak and leads the ACC in hitting percentage with a .290 average.

The Tar Heels are led by Laura Greene who is seventh in the ACC in kills per game with 3.74 and sixth in the league in digs with 2.95 per game.

Men's Soccer Plays Duke

The No. 14 North Carolina men's soccer team opens its home 2001 ACC schedule against Duke at 7 p.m. Saturday at Fetzer Field.

The Tar Heels (5-2, 0-1 in the ACC) look to rebound from a 2-0 loss to Virginia against Duke (4-2, 1-0).

Sophomore midfielder Logan Pause has been cleared to play by the Tar Heels and returned to practice Wednesday. He underwent surgery during the offseason after suffering a torn meniscus in his left knee.

Field Hockey Faces Duke, Richmond

The No. 2 North Carolina field hockey squad will take on Duke and Richmond this weekend.

The Blue Devils have not beaten the Tar Heels since 1981. Saturday, the Blue Devils will try their luck at 1 p.m. at Henry Stadium.

Richmond plays UNC on Sunday at 1 p.m.

Wednesday, the Tar Heels lost 2-0 to the No. 8 Wake Forest in a nonconference match