Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Campus Calendar

Today

5:30 pm -- Carolina Leadership Development is hosting the first of two information sessions for the Womentoring Program, a mentoring program for first- and second-year undergraduate women, in Union 208-209.

7:30 p.m. -- The Women's Voices Chorus, the Triangle's only classical community-based women's chorus, will hold an open rehearsal until 9:30 p.m. at the University United Methodist Church, 150 E. Franklin St. For more information or to schedule a tryout, call Mary Lycan at 919-932-5455.

7:30 pm -- Fellowship of Christian Athletes is holding its kickoff meeting. Come out to Union 1505 for a lot of fun, a time of praise and worship and to hear a great message from Rev. Peter Rochelle. Hope to see you there!

Tuesday, Aug. 27

4:45 p.m. -- We all have the same amount of time -- come learn how to use yours more effectively! Alpha Epsilon Omega and the Learning Center are sponsoring a time management seminar until 5:45 p.m. in Union 5218B.

5 p.m. -- Don't hate -- associate! The UNC-Chapel Hill Chapter of the NAACP invites you to attend its first general body meeting of the year in Union 3502-03 until 6 p.m.

6:30 p.m. -- The Black Business Student Alliance will hold its first meeting. Please join us in 3000 McColl Building. We will hold an informational meeting and discuss events for the upcoming year. All students are welcome to attend!

Wednesday, Aug. 28

5:30 p.m -- Carolina Leadership Development is hosting an information session for the Womentoring Program, a mentoring program for first- and second-year undergraduate women, in Union 208-209.

6:30 p.m. -- The United Nations Organization holds various events during the course of the year such as MUN, Adopt-a-Minefield Campaign and fund raising for UNICEF. Join us for our first meeting in Union 2511.

8 p.m. -- UNC Rotaract, a young adult professional service club sponsored by Rotary International, will have its interest meeting in Union 2518A. Cal Allen, executive director of Public Allies NC, an organization in support of diverse young community leaders, will be the guest speaker.

Point Of Interest

Any student who wishes to be added to The Daily Tar Heel's Association of Student Leaders listserv for 2002-03 should contact DTH Managing Editor Alex Kaplun at kaplun@email.unc.edu.