Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Texas Ticket Distribution Tuesday

Tickets for the 8 p.m. game against Texas are sold out, and officials are encouraging students to come early due to the high demand for tickets.

Clint Gwaltney, director of ticket operations, said that more than 12,000 tickets are available for the student section but that he expects most to be distributed by the end of the day Tuesday.

"We do feel that we will get rid of all of them," Gwaltney said.

Kris Willett, Carolina Athletic Association president, said UNC's victory against Syracuse on Saturday and the draw of national championship-hopeful Texas will have students lining up.

"It's going to be huge, and everyone is talking about it," Willett said.

"Students are excited about this game."

Saturday's game against Texas and the Oct. 14 game against N.C. State University are the only two games this season that require students to obtain tickets before the game.

All others are general admission.

Tickets will be randomly distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis until all have been allocated.

Students can get up to six tickets for the game with the presentation of a valid UNC ONE Card for each ticket.

Tickets will be given out beginning at 8 a.m. Tuesday morning at the Smith Center ticket office. It will continue through 5 p.m. Thursday.

Any groups of 50 or more who want tickets must apply for block seating by noon today.

Block seating for that week's game will be awarded Monday by 3 p.m. and must be picked up by 5 p.m.