Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Campus Calendar

Today

7 p.m. -- The UNC Campaign Finance Reform Alliance, along with other campus groups, are sponsoring a candidates forum featuring state House and Senate candidates in 104 Peabody Hall. Come out and hear what these candidates have to say, ask them your questions, and register to vote!

6 p.m. -- The Carolina Association of Black Journalists presents "Interview Etiquette" in 33 Carroll Hall. Learn about the correct etiquette to use at job fairs and interviews. Featured speaker will be Terri Houston of the Office for Minority Affairs. For information, contact unc_cabj@yahoo.com.

Friday, Oct. 3

8 p.m. -- The bimonthly Songwriter's Showcase, sponsored by the North Carolina Songwriters Co-op, will be held at the Carrboro ArtsCenter, featuring five talented local songwriters: Rich Edwards, John Saylor, Alysson Light, Kim Buchanan and Zoe Mulford. It will be hosted by Chris Wimberly. Admission is $6, and the show starts at 8 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 4

1 p.m. -- Come join a talented group of singers for a sing-through of the popular musical comedy "The Mikado" until 4 p.m. at the Durham Arts Council, 120 Morris St. Scores and snacks provided. Hosted by the Durham Savoyards. Find out more at 493-0553 or http://www.durhamsavoyards.org.