Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Still Undecided About Fall Break? Consider Habitat for Humanity

Though Fall Break is less than three weeks away, many students have yet to finalize plans for this long weekend. Habitat for Humanity offers an amazing Fall Break opportunity that too many students are unaware of.

Each year, a group of UNC students travels to Charleston, S.C. Typically, students stay in a newly renovated historic building in the heart of Charleston -- a charming and young beachside city with great nightlife, delicious food and some of the most interesting people out there. During the day, UNC students team up with future Habitat homeowners, as well as other students from universities across the country, and wall by wall a home is constructed.

It is not often that students find four consecutive days free of classes. What better way to spend this time than to help a deserving family realize their dream? This is a great opportunity to meet new people, and is also a wonderful way to spend Fall Break with friends.

We are looking forward to meeting our newest UNC Fall Break Worktrip team! No experience is necessary to be a part of this trip. Applications are now available (on a first-come, first-serve basis) at http://

habitat.unc.edu, and any and all questions can be sent to lgaudio@email.unc.edu.

Lauren Gaudio
Senior

Psychology