Friday, Sept. 27, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Campus Calendar

Today

7 p.m. -- The Black Student Movement Talent Show, co-sponsored by the FCC and fund-raising committees, will take place in the Union Auditorium. Tickets are on sale at the box office for $3 in advance and $5 at the door.

7 p.m. -- The Department of Housing and Residential Education presents "Raised to Hate," a free viewing and discussion of "American History X" in 100 Hamilton Hall. Refreshments provided.

Sunday, Dec. 1

6 p.m. -- The Young Democrats are raffling two tickets good for every major Carolina men's basketball home game of the 2002-03 season! The tickets are for seats 7 and 8 in Row H of Section 125. That's on the half-court line, facing the bench, eight rows back from the court!

Complete details and a secure online order form are available at BasketballRaffle.com. All proceeds go to support the Asheville chapter of Habitat for Humanity (for whom the Young Democrats did volunteer work earlier this year) and to help defray the costs associated with the Young Democrats' 2003 statewide convention, which will be hosted for the first time ever on the UNC campus this March.

Raffle tickets start at just $5 each, with significant discounts for larger purchases. The drawing will be held Sunday at 6 p.m. The winner will be notified via e-mail and telephone, and the name will be posted to the Web site.