Saturday, Sept. 28, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police Log for 1/18/2005

- Chapel Hill police arrested a woman at 2:30 a.m. Sunday and charged her with one felony count of possession of stolen goods and one felony count of fraud for obtaining property, police reports state.

According to reports, Karen Leann Martin, 24, was arrested by Carrboro police for driving while impaired. Chapel Hill police had warrants on Martin and served them on her following her arrest, reports state.

Martin was released on a written promise to appear today in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- Chapel Hill police arrested a local woman at 3:35 a.m. Sunday and charged her with one misdemeanor count of driving while impaired, police reports state.

According to reports, Elizabeth Joanne Gibbard, 26, was arrested on the 800 block of East Franklin Street on one count of driving while impaired after she was involved in a motor vehicle accident.

Police transported Gibbard to UNC Hospitals for injuries from the accident.

BAC results are pending from a lab report from the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation, reports state.

Gibbard is scheduled to appear June 14 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill.

- Chapel Hill police arrested a Durham man after 3 a.m. Monday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of drug paraphernalia, police reports state.

According to reports, Noah Gordon Kesler, 20, was arrested for the drug paraphernalia charge after police observed a vehicle parked in a no parking zone on McMasters Street near Mason Street.

As police approached the vehicle, it drove off and later pulled into a driveway after passing Carver Street, reports state.

According to reports, police waited near Church Street for the vehicle to pull out of the driveway and then followed it down to Bynum Street, where police stopped the vehicle for suspicious behavior.

Police reports state that Kesler did not have identification and that when he was asked to step out from the vehicle, he only opened the door enough for him to squeeze himself out while shielding the interior of the door from sight.

According to reports, once Kesler was out of the car, police looked into the car and saw a marijuana pipe in plain view.

Kesler is scheduled to appear April 19 in Administrative Traffic Court in Chapel Hill.