Sunday, Sept. 29, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

•  A man from the streets of Chapel Hill was arrested Monday and charged with one count of felonious attempted larceny, police reports state.

According to reports, Corey Tennell Mooring, 28, formerly of Rocky Mount, was arrested at noon near 100 W. Rosemary St. after a woman identified him as a man who had attempted to steal her purse last week.

The would-be victim notified police that she had seen the man who had tried to snatch her purse downtown. Police quickly caught up with Mooring and placed him under arrest.

Mooring was transported to Orange County Jail and held on a $500 secured bond.

He was scheduled to appear Tuesday in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

•  A Chapel Hill man was arrested Monday and charged with one count of assault and battery and one count of being drunk and disruptive — both misdemeanors — police reports state.

According to reports, Devon Rashun Riggsbee, 23, of 600 Airport Road, was arrested at 6 p.m. on warrants for both charges.

He was transported to Orange County Jail on a $300 cash bond, reports state. He was scheduled to appear Tuesday in Orange County District Criminal Court.

•  A woman was arrested Monday and charged with one misdemeanor count of concealing merchandise/shoplifting from the Kerr Drug store on South Estes Drive, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Samantha Lashon Carson, 28, of 727 Pine Acres Drive, was arrested at Kerr Drug for reportedly taking $19.49 in fingernail polish and lip gloss.

Carson was released on a written promise to appear April 4 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

•  A 19-year-old Pittsboro resident was arrested Tuesday morning and charged with one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Jessica Denise Worcester, of 3874 U.S. 15-501 North lot 15, was arrested at 3:16 a.m. in relation to an incident involving a silver 2000 Chevrolet and several alcohol-related offenses. No further information was available in reports.

Worcester is scheduled to appear April 4 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.