Sunday, Sept. 29, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

- A drug raid at 4:10 p.m. Wednesday at the Berkshire Manor Apartments, at 112 N.C. 54 in Carrboro, yielded two arrests and the seizure of 12.8 grams of cocaine, Carrboro police reports state.

According to reports, Roberto Carlos Riviera-Torres, 24, and Araceli Lara-Morales, 26, both originally from Mexico, were arrested when police served a search warrant at Apt. U-6, where they both live.

Police confiscated 12.8 grams of cocaine in two separate groupings, more than $2,100 in cash, scales, sandwich bags and various paper documents, reports state.

Riviera-Torres and Lara-Morales were charged with felony possession with intent to sell and distribute a controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling for manufacturing and distributing drugs and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, reports state.

The two were taken to Orange County Jail each to be held on a $50,000 secured bond. Both were scheduled to appear Thursday in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.

- An unknown suspect shot into a residence while the building was occupied at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at 107 Hargraves St., Carrboro police reports state.

According to reports, a 22-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man were at home when they heard one shot, followed by another one 30 seconds later.

The second shot entered through the rear wall of the bedroom, entering the wall about two feet above the head of the woman, who was sitting at her desk, reports state.

The incident still is being investiaged, reports state.

- A 53-year-old Chapel Hill man was arrested at 5:07 p.m. Wednesday and charged with being drunk and disruptive in front of Woody’s Tar Heel Tavern & Grill, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Daniel Alvin Wilson, of 100 W. Rosemary St., was passed out on a bench at 165 E. Franklin St., reports state.

After regaining consciousness, he began cursing and fell on the sidewalk when he decided to walk away, reports state.

He was taken to Orange County Jail to be held on a $200 secured bond. He is scheduled to appear April 11 in Orange County District Criminal Court in Hillsborough.