Sunday, Sept. 29, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log for April 28

- Police lost a woman suspected of larceny, second-degree trespassing and resisting arrest after she ran away from them on East Main Street in Carrboro, reports state.

Reports state that an employee at Weaver Street Market called police about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday after he saw a woman enter the store and take one six-pack of Corona beer valued at $8.55.

Reports state that police caught the woman on East Main Street but that she did not have any beer in her possession. When police attempted to issue a citation for the larceny and trespassing charges, the woman took off running toward Rosemary Street and refused to stop, reports state.

Reports state that police searched the area but were unable to locate the suspect.

- A Burlington woman reported that she was the victim of breaking and entering and larceny from her vehicle at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Reports state that someone broke into the victim’s 1997 Jeep Wrangler on Hillsborough Street and stole $2 and did $200 worth of damage to the car in the process.

- A Gastonia man reported that he was the victim of breaking and entering and larceny from his vehicle at 7 a.m. Tuesday, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Reports state that a subject broke into the victim’s car on North Fordham Boulevard and stole two tool boxes valued at $860, a DeWalt drill valued at $300 and a Black and Decker drill valued at $200.

- Chapel Hill police arrested a Goldsboro man at 11:30 p.m. Tuesday and charged him with one misdemeanor count of driving while impaired, police reports state.

According to reports, John Daniel Jarrell, 21, was involved in a single-vehicle accident on Greene Street near Sunrise Lane.

Jarrell recorded a .16 blood alcohol content level.

He was issued a written promise to appear June 7 in traffic court in Chapel Hill.

- A UNC employee in the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid was arrested at 4 a.m. Wednesday and charged with one misdemeanor count of driving while impaired, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, John Cleveland, 21, was stopped on Manning Drive near Skipper Bowles Drive by police and later recorded a .13 blood alcohol content.

Cleveland was issued a written promise to appear June 7 in traffic court in Chapel Hill.

- Carrboro police arrested two local men at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday and charged them each with one misdemeanor count of simple assault, police reports state.

Reports state that when police arrived to the scene of a fight complaint on Jones Ferry Road, they found Cristofer Raul Lopez-Lozano, 25, and Pedro Rangel Ruiz, 29, on the ground scuffling.

Lopez-Lozano was released after the magistrate found no probable cause for the charge, and Ruiz was issued a written promise to appear May 23 at Orange County District Court.