Monday, Sept. 30, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

A Chapel Hill man was arrested on multiple charges Friday night, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Police report locating Andre Devar DeGraffenreid, 22, of 1105 N.C. 54 Bypass, on Estes Drive to serve him with a warrant for four counts of failure to appear in court.

DeGraffenreid was subsequently charged with felonious possession with intent to sell and distribute cocaine and misdemeanor possession of marijuana, reports state.

DeGraffenreid is being held in Orange County Jail on a $11,500 secured bond. He is schedule to appear in court Aug. 29.

Four people were charged with driving while impaired this weekend, reports state.

On Friday, Christopher Charles Schnurman, 21 and a senior, was arrested while driving on Crest Street. According to reports, he also was cited for fictitious license tags on his 1995 Honda Civic.

On Saturday, Miguel Rivera, 19, of Durham, was arrested while driving a 2005 Ford Ranger on Scarlet Drive in Chapel Hill and cited with violating a provisional license and carrying an open alcoholic beverage, reports state.

Also on Saturday, Drew William Herron, 19, of Durham, was arrested on Homestead Road in Chapel Hill while driving a 1989 Oldsmobile, reports state.

On Saturday, Tommie Lee Swann, 61, of Carrboro, was arrested at the corner of Fordham and Ephesus Church roads while driving a 1992 Toyota Corolla, reports state.

The Mini Mart at 1200 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. reported larceny of gasoline Saturday to Chapel Hill police.

According to reports, $50.95 of unleaded gasoline went unpaid for around 1 p.m.

Chapel Hill police report citing Hunter Chipley Graham, 22, a senior sociology major, with carrying an open alcohol container at 1:35 a.m. Saturday.

A vehicle was broken into Friday afternoon in the parking lot of Borders Books & Music, on U.S. 15-501 according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Police reports state that two leaf blowers, one pruner, a wallet and cash — a total value of $1,415 — were taken from the unlocked truck.

A 16-year-old Chapel Hill High School student was cited for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia last week, Chapel Hill police reports state.

The subject was in the company of other people who were drinking by the pool of Chapel Ridge Apartments, police reports state.