Monday, Sept. 30, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

A Chapel Hill High School student was arrested Friday on one felony count of first degree rape, one felony count of first degree sexual offense and one misdemeanor count of contributing to the diliquency of a minor, Chapel Hill police reports state.

According to reports, Shamir Lewis Rone, 17, of Carrboro was being held on a secured $25,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in court Monday.

A University student was arrested early Monday morning on a misdemeanor charge of possesion of a malt beverage, according to police reports.

A police officer saw Andrew Joseph Hollmeyer, 20, standing next to a taxi on the east bound lane of traffic on West Rosemary Street drinking a beer, reports state.

Hollmeyer was issued a citation and is to appear in administrative traffic court on Oct. 4, according to reports.

William Daughtery Jr. of 2304 Granville Towers in Chapel Hill was the victim of vandalism and willful damage to porperties early Monday morning, according to police reports.

Reports state that a desk was thrown from a balcony at 143 W. Franklin St., and pieces from the desk hit a car.

Damages were estimated at $200.

Dennis M. Drury, a resident of Carmichael Residence Hall, was the victim of pickpocketing Monday morning, police reports state.

According to reports, Drury reported the larceny at abour 4:30 a.m. at 150 E. Franklin St.

Frank Burt of Chapel Hill was arrested on a felony charge of common law robbery Monday on Franklin Street.

According to reports, Burt was released on a written report to appear in district court.

Alton Ray Cotton of Jones Ferry Road in Carrboro was arrested Monday on one felony count of larceny from a person, police reports state.

Cotton was released on a written promise to appear in court.

n Tsing Tao Restaurant at 1129 Weaver Dairy Road was the victim of breaking and entering by force late Sunday night.

According to reports, subjects tried to gain access to a meat freezer, resulting in $100 in damage.

Hugo Alphanso Bowers III and Manuel Costa of Chapel Hill were victims of breaking and entering from a business by force and larceny Sunday, according to police reports.

Reports state that the subject got into the commercial building at 214 W. Rosemary Street by breaking a glass door with a blunt object.

Money and a shoulder bag were taken, according to reports.

A Chapel Hill man was the victim of strong arm robbery Saturday, police reports state.

According to reports the man’s cell phone and necklace were forcibly taken from him on West Franklin Street.

The items were valued at about $103 total, reports state.

A University student was arrested early Sunday morning for underage possession of a malt beverage, police reports state.

According to reports, Adam Lutterloh of 300 Caldwell St. in Chapel Hill, was caught by officers at a party at his residence. Police officers saw Lutterloh, 20, with a beer in his hand.

He was issued a citation and is to appear in district court Oct. 3.