Monday, Sept. 30, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

Several University students were cited this weekend for noise violations, according to Chapel Hill Police reports.

Seniors Jonathan Anders and Sean O'Hara, both 21, were cited on charges of violating a noise ordinance at 3:30 a.m. Sunday at 309 McDade St. after they hosted a loud party at their residence, police reports state.

According to reports, the suspects were cited after officers were dispatched to the residence twice for a loud noise complaint.

Anders and O'Hara are scheduled to appear in District Criminal Court on Nov. 28, reports state.

Two students were arrested for indecent exposure at 9:38 p.m. Saturday in the Pit, police reports state.

According to police reports, freshman Sam Tenney was seen running naked through the Pit area toward Polk Place.

Senior Andrew Knudsen was trailing him while taking pictures on a digital camera, reports state.

Knudsen and Tenney entered a vehicle on Cameron Avenue and were pulled over by University police in front of the Old Well, reports state.

Both were cited for indecent exposure. The digital camera was confiscated by police for evidence, according to reports.

Two University students were arrested for public urination early Saturday morning near Fraternity Court, police reports state.

Freshman Obed Morales, 18, of Maryland, and sophomore Kirtan Patel, 18, of Mooresville, were arrested at about 4 a.m. after an officer saw both suspects urinating on the sidewalk, reports state.

According to reports, each suspect made no attempt to stop or conceal himself even though the reporting officer observed three cars go by while both suspects were urinating, and one car blew its horn.

Both suspects are scheduled to appear in Administrative Traffic Court on Nov. 11, reports state.

A Mercedes Mountaineer SUV was reported damaged at 10:53 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill Police reports. An unknown suspect had damaged the vehicle's passenger side rearview mirror, with the damage valued at $200, reports state.

The car was parked at 125 W. Franklin St., and it was last known secure at 5 p.m. Saturday, according to reports. The case is under further investigation.

A forced breaking and entering was reported at 4:24 a.m. Sunday at a West Franklin Street business, Chapel Hill Police reports state.

The front glass door of The Stock Exchange, 431 W. Franklin St., was kicked in, according to reports.