Monday, Sept. 30, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

A Chapel Hill man violated his probation from a cocaine possession charge, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Kenneth Antwaine Perry was arrested at 2:53 a.m. Sunday on Franklin Street at Church Chapel.

Perry was confined on $1,000 bond and transported to the Orange County Jail, reports state.

His trial date is set for Nov. 11 at the district criminal court in Hillsborough, according to police reports.

A Chapel Hill man was arrested for breaking and entering, felony larceny, communicating threats and damage to property, Chapel Hill police reports state.

Walter Lee Gregory Jr. had a knife in his possession when he was arrested in the parking lot of Dobbins Hill Apartments at 10:28 a.m. Saturday, according to police reports.

Gregory broke into an estranged girlfriend's apartment, threatening her and damaging her property, reports state.

Gregory's bond was set at $5,000, and he was transported to the Orange County Jail, according to reports.

He is scheduled to appear in the Hillsborough court of first appearance Monday.

A Franklin Street restaurant reported one of its windows broken Friday, according to reports from the Chapel Hill police.

Time Out, 133 W. Franklin St., reported its window broken at 2 a.m. by an unknown man, reports state.

A Chapel Hill women reported her gym bag stolen from Culbreth Middle School on Saturday, Chapel Hill police reports state.

The woman had checked her bag in with an attendant during her gym period, according to reports.

The bag and its contents are valued at $270, according to reports.

A 1986 Volvo station wagon parked at 750 N. Columbia St. was broken into through a rear window at 2:30 p.m. Friday, Chapel Hill police reports state.

An unknown assailant stole $22 worth of items after breaking through the rear window and entering the car, according to reports.

A Chapel Hill man was attacked by an unknown assailant at 11:50 p.m. Friday night at 100 W. Franklin St., Chapel Hill police reports state.

The assailant threw a glass bottle at the victim and attempted to beat the victim with a long stick, reports state.

A University student was arrested early Friday morning on charges of assaulting another man at 143 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Pedro Jose Mantilla, 19, was arrested at 1:20 a.m. on charges of being drunk and disruptive and resisting arrest after running away from police as they attempted to stop him for assaulting another man, reports state.

Mantilla was released on a secured $250 bond and will appear in district criminal court in Hillsborough on Nov. 14.