Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

• A UNC student reported the theft of his bicycle from the Hanes Art Center on Tuesday, according to University police reports. Reports state that he secured his bicycle to the south side of the building Jan. 19, and when he returned Tuesday parts of the bike were missing. The suspects stole the frame of the bike and the rear wheel. The estimated cost of the bicycle is $300, according to reports.
  • The University internal audit department reported suspicious activity on a UNC purchasing card Monday, according to University police reports. Members of the department noted unauthorized personal purchases made on the card. An employee was determined to be responsible for the charges on the card. The estimated cost of the purchases is $668.34, reports state.
  • A 22-year-old Chapel Hill man was cited for an open container violation at 8:53 p.m. Tuesday at 110 W. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Paul Scuderi, of 7203 Crescent Ridge Road, was cited after he was seen standing on the 100 block of West Franklin Street with an open bottle of alcohol, reports state. He is scheduled to appear in District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill on March 21.
  • An automobile was reported stolen at 11:34 a.m. Tuesday at 101 Timber Hollow Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The car, a 1997 Hyundai, belongs to a UNC graduate student, reports state. Police do not know how the car was stolen, according to reports.
  • A larceny was reported at 11:16 a.m. Tuesday at Chi Psi fraternity, at 321 W. Cameron Ave., Chapel Hill police reports state. According to reports, a suspect removed an IBM laptop and a cell phone from an unsecured room at the house. The total value of the stolen items was $1,160, according to reports.
  • A car belonging to a UNC freshman was vandalized Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The incident was reported at 1:03 p.m. at 125 W. Franklin St., reports state. According to reports, a suspect kicked or hit the mirror on the vehicle. Damage was estimated at $300, reports state.
  • A breaking and entering was reported at 12:13 p.m. Monday at 107 Fraternity Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The room was unsecured, and the suspect stole a laptop and a DVD player, reports state. The case is under further investigation.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.