Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

• A UNC student reported a larceny Sunday, according to University police reports. The student reported the theft of one of the tires from his bicycle, which was secured to the rack outside Lewis Residence Hall, reports state. The estimated cost of the tire is $60, according to reports.
  • A UNC student reported damage to her vehicle Sunday, according to University police reports. The student noticed that the antenna of her car, which was parked in the Aycock Circle parking lot, had been broken off, reports state. The estimated damage to the car is $90, according to reports.
  • A 24-year-old female was the victim of robbery Sunday night, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The victim reported that she was assaulted at 10:31 p.m. on Ephesus Church Road, according to reports. She said the suspect took a wallet from her hand while she carried groceries inside, reports state. The wallet is valued at $10, and it contained her drivers license, valued at $10, according to reports.
  • Baker Roofing Company of Raleigh was the victim of larceny Saturday evening, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that building materials, valued at $50, were stolen from the Providence Glenn Drive construction site.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.