Monday, Oct. 14, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log for Dec. 1, 2016

• Someone reported someone disturbing the peace on the 400 block of Westwood Drive at 4:31 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone reported a peeping tom on the 100 block of South Roberson Street at 5:18 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone was driving while impaired on the 100 block of Bennett Road at 8:01 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone was driving while impaired on the 1500 block of East Franklin Street at 2:17 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone reported breaking and entering of a residence, larceny and damage to property on the 2500 block of Booker Creek Road at 2:38 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person kicked in a back door, causing $200 in damage and stole $8,400 worth of items including a TV, Roku, laptop, camera, jewelry box and jewelry, reports state.

• Someone reported harassing phone calls on the 100 block of West Barbee Chapel Road at 3:41 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone reported an abandoned vehicle on Village Drive close to Bluff Trail at 12:55 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

• Someone committed larceny at the Rite Aid at 1800 E. Franklin St. at 4:26 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole $200 worth of cleaning and hygiene products, reports state.

• Someone committed larceny on the 100 block of Ashley Forest Road at 6:27 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person stole $22, reports state.

• Someone reported loud noise on the 1400 block of Oak Tree Drive at 5:40 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The person reported that someone was cooking loudly, reports state.

• Someone possessed marijuana and alcoholic beverages while underage on the 200 block of Barksdale Drive at 12:41 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The people were parked behind an apartment building while smoking marijuana, reports state.