Sunday, Oct. 13, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Quick Hits for Feb. 16, 2017

No words

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Beyoncé did not win Album of the Year for Lemonade.

Stole the show

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

While we gave a down thumb to the Grammys for robbing Beyoncé, we wouldn’t be worth our salt if we didn’t give Beyoncé’s Grammy performance an up thumb. Go watch it now. We don’t even care if you finish reading these Quick Hits — they’re probably garbage compared to her performance.

Marx madness

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

As UNC prepares for March Madness, we here are mourning Marx Madness. For one glorious year Marx Madness was real. People voted for their favorite Marx theorist, and it was beautiful. The Daily Tar Worker wishes someone would bring it back. It was a nice push back against the capitalist NCAA overlords.

We're nihilists

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

For some reason this Quick Hit has strange spacing issues today. It’s kind of a good thing. It is hard to come up with jokes, y’all. The world seems to be collapsing around us, jobs are hard to find, everything is awful. Why are we giving an error a self-referential up thumb? We don’t know. Nothing matters.

STATEment

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

N.C. State fans are kind of like the UNC public relations team. They both try to make their schools look good no matter what available evidence points to the contrary. You can still be a fan of your school and be critical. We make fun of UNC a lot, like right now, but we’re still fans. It is just called being honest.

Can't get worse

When is the Spring Jubilee concert being announced? Like we kind of don’t want to know, but we also do. It’s weird. We don’t want to live through the disappointments of last year, but we have still have faith in CUAB. At this point the only way to make Jubilee worse than last year would be to invite Milo. Hey Milo.