Sunday, Oct. 13, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Quick Hits for March 2, 2017

Out of sight, in mind

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Could you imagine having to see Duke’s Grayson Allen on campus every single day? The constant fear that his tripping habit may strike you next. Let’s all be thankful that we get to see Kennedy Meeks and Justin Jackson around campus, and that the only trippers we have to worry about are those pesky loose bricks.

Switched it up

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

The Nintendo Switch is coming out this week. While the DTH wasn’t given rights to review it, we are hopeful. We are reminded of the good ole days when we didn’t have classes, work and exams. A simpler time when we would get on our Game Boy Colors and stress about getting past the next Mario level.

RIP

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

An obituary for Winter: Winter was murdered in 2017 after years of being exploited by its inhabitants. The season was known for snow, sledding, being cold and containing several major holidays. Many humans refuse to plead guilty for Winter’s death. Winter is survived by Summer, Fall and Spring.

Coach K(ind)

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

As much as we love trashing Duke, let’s still remember to be respectful to students and to each other. A game is not a reason to be mean to people or to harm another person. Scream insults all game long at Coach K, but don’t insult the Duke fan on Franklin. Competition should bring out our best, not our worst.

Almost Spring Break

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

It’s midterm week! The down thumb goes to the midterm giving you the most trouble. Remember, you’re better than any test. That test is going to be at the bottom of a recycling pile soon. You’re going to go on to do better things. So stress enough to do well on the test, but remember one bad grade isn’t the end.

Farewell

The semester is moving along quickly and we must all come to grips with the fact that many of our friends will be graduating. While we are happy for those finishing up college, we will miss seeing a lot of seniors around campus. Let’s just focus on the time left. Indeed, parting is such sweet sorrow.