Saturday, Oct. 12, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Quick Hits for April 27, 2017

Torrentially bad

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

We waded through knee-deep puddles to class, through the unending downpour of rain, through the tears streaming down our faces. The good thing about rain is that no one can tell you’re crying when your entire face is soaked. The bad thing about rain is everything else. We were sad this week.

We like sports

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Thanks to all the UNC sports teams that are being somewhat ignored in the wake of the national championship. We know you don’t get Jordan T-shirts that everyone wears on campus and you don’t get a poster on every wall, but we know y’all work hard. Congrats on another spring sports season, Tar Heels.

Pre-doctor struggles

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Maybe tone down your loud celebrations of the last week of classes (LWOC) around your med school friends. Students in the Medical Science Semester 1 have classes until May 26 — a day that most of us probably have marked down as a day of carefree fun. Future doctors deserve a summer vacation, too!

Quick hit and run

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

This is the last Quick Hit section of the 2017-2018 school year. Sad! Actually it is probably a benefit to society. Who wants to read our smug, not that funny cartoon thumbs? We don’t and we write them! We’re kidding, we appreciate people who appreciate these quick hits. Thank you for reading them.

RIP comfy chairs

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Pour one out for those comfortable boxy chairs in the UL basement. Back in the day, one could push two of them together to create the perfect studying (or napping) fortress. We will miss those chairs, but we will treasure those memories. That said, did UNC throw away those chairs? If not, can we have them?

SUMMER BREAK

The end of spring semester is always bittersweet. For one, school is coming to an end, which means no school. But it also means a lot of your friends are leaving for the “real world.” Also, it means the start of summer internships which might be more stressful than school. Ain’t no rest for the wicked.