Saturday, Sept. 21, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Interim Town Manager Chris Blue to serve as permanent town manager

20220609_connors_city-chief-blue-retirement-2.jpg

Former Chapel Hill Police Chief Chris Blue poses for a portrait in his office on Thursday, June 9, 2022.

The Chapel Hill Town Council announced in a special meeting tonight that Chris Blue, the current interim town manager for the Town of Chapel Hill, will be the new town manager starting Aug. 1. 

Blue has served as the Interim Town Manager since Jan. 1 of this year. Prior to that, he served as the town's Chief of Police for 12 years.

“In making this choice, the Council conducted an extensive national search and interviewed a number of highly qualified candidates,” Mayor Pam Hemminger said in a town press release. “In the end, Chris’ leadership abilities, experience, and demonstrated record of success in Chapel Hill led the Council to select him as our permanent Manager. All of us are excited about our choice and we are looking forward to working with Chris as he takes on this role permanently.”

During his time as Interim Town Manager, Blue has worked with the Town Council to establish the Town's first five-year budget strategy.

“I am so appreciative to the Council for their trust in me and to our amazing Town team for their support, guidance, and leadership over these last few months,” Blue said in a town press release. “I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish together for our community in the months and years ahead.” 

@wslivingston_

script type="text/javascript" src="//app.c.com/icp/core/mycontacts/signup/designer/form/automatic?id=770&cid=1758775&lid=17553">

Walker Livingston

Walker Livingston is the 2024 enterprise managing editor at The Daily Tar Heel. She has previously served as summer city & state editor and assistant city & state editor. Walker is a sophomore pursuing a double major in journalism and media and American studies, with a minor in data science.