Thursday, Sept. 12, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Word on the Street: What are you most excited for this semester?

20240819_Skvoretz_FDOC-File-3.jpg
UNC students bustle around the Pit on the first day of class Monday, Aug. 19, 2024.

Over the weekend, UNC students returned to campus for the 2024-25 school year. DTH staff writer Will Kleinschmidt asked students what they are most excited for this semester.

Here's what they said:

Alec Marsh, senior neuroscience and Spanish major

“I would say just getting back to a regular routine and being able to see people again is really nice. I think hearing about how everybody’s been successful up to this point and seeing where everybody’s going will be really cool.”

Chris Bosefski, senior neuroscience major 

“I’m excited for the new handball season. I think after the olympics, a lot of people kind of know about handball now, so maybe like expand the club a little more than we thought.”

Kamryn Burton, sophomore neuroscience major

“I’m excited for Carolina game days. Hoping I’ll get football tickets because somehow I didn't get any last year, but I’m excited to go to game days and wear my jersey.”

Spence Whitman, junior psychology major

“I am most excited for my stand up comedy show at the Varsity Theatre on October 11th at 7:30 p.m. It’s gonna be such a good time.”

Caroline Carter, senior biology major

“I’m looking forward to enjoying my last year of being in college with my best friends and balancing my work and my social life so I’m healthy personally and my mind is healthy, but also my social life is healthy—that all things are in equilibrium.”

Aniah Stitt, senior journalism major

“I’m looking forward to spending time with my friends and going to the games and possibly dabbling a little bit in events and things that have something to do with journalism.”

Erick Ayala, first-year biology major

"I'm excited to meet new people and adapt to this new environment because I come from a small city.”

Lisa Ean, sophomore biology major

“I’m excited to hangout with my friends more, the ones I made from last year and then new friends coming in that I know from my old school.”

Tamera Waters, senior neuroscience major

“I guess I’m just looking forward to graduating. It’s my senior year, so.”

Franklin Kennedy, senior biology major

“It’s my senior year, so I’m excited to start looking towards my next steps and applying to grad schools, seeing what happens, and go from there.”

Anagha Puranik, first-year advertising major

“I’m a freshman so probably the thing I’m most looking forward to is just kind of getting to know the campus, the football and basketball games.”

@dthlifestyle | lifestyle@dailytarheel.com